I’ve already posted suggestions for music that reflects the energy of each zodiac sign (check out the post Music Through the Zodiac or our Depth Astrology Shop on Amazon) and now I’m going to add even more gift ideas each time the Sun moves into a new sign.
It’s not so much that I love stuff (oh, but I do!) as that I believe passionately that, if you’re going to give a gift, it better mean something to the recipient. I’m not such a big fan of obligatory giving. I want a gift to connect with the person, to reflect the best in him or her. But sometimes it’s hard to know where to start, especially with someone — like Libra — whose Sun sign suggests an innate love of the beautiful.
So since we’re now embraced in the arms of Libra, let’s talk about possible birthday presents for the Libra in your life.
Symbolized by the scales, Libra energy is primarily in pursuit of balance: Balance between people, balance of energy in the environment, balance of ideas or balance in terms of proportion and beauty. When things are out of balance, Libra’s scales get all wonky. We don’t want that to happen, especially during Libra’s birthday month.
So we want gifts that help keep Libra in balance: ones that cultivate beauty, sensuality and relationship; that help balance body and mind; that manifest elegance and proportion; that symbolize justice and fairness — that is, balance between people and ideas.
- Gift items that celebrate balance, beauty and harmony — including housewares, jewelry, accessories and personal items.
- Books on art, beauty and romance.
- DVDs of romantic comedies.
- Music featuring the harmony, balance and back-and-forth of well-paired duos.
- Even sports equipment for practicing and perfecting physical balance.
And while I’m at it, I also have to give a shout-out to my favorite new site, Etsy, for its enormous collection of beautiful handcrafted items. While there, be sure to check out:
- rustedhammer: Wooden toys, dad-made, for the baby Libra in your life.
- chickenjulie: Comfy, cozy, cute blankies and clothes for infants and toddlers.
- gruvkitty: One-of-a-kind handmade jewelry, much of it from repurposed pieces.
- babywalls: Colorful paintings for kids and grown-ups alike. This one’s my favorite.
And don’t forget to ask the Libras in your life what’s on their birthday list — Libras love to be asked!
A final hint: Look at Libra’s physical appearance and home or office environment to clue yourself in on what he or she finds beautiful. It might be different than your sense of what’s pretty!
Have something to add to our gift list? Leave your suggestions in the Comments box below.